Cantastic Motivation stories

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cantastic Motivation stories

Staff

It is that time of year again to clean out the cupboard and some wallets to help the needy families in this area.  The students have been bring in the cans and money to meet the challenge of 22,000 cans this year.

One of the top students bring in cans for the Annual Canned Food Drive is Griffith Taylor, eighth grader.  He is in Mr. Shadwell’s LEAD class and to date he has brought in 232 cans, but he is not done yet. He has gone door to door asking for donations and even his mom has kicked in some canned goods. He said, “It is just something good to do, and we have more than enough.”  Taylor is not alone.  Mr. Shadwell’s class as brought in a whopping 1250 cans.  They are motivating each other and it is working. Taylor said, “We just want to help people.”

This whole activity is done by Student Council and Mr. Ryan Augustin, advisor.  In total, the students are over half way there with about 14,000 cans.  Many of the eighth grade students have been helping with the task of getting all the cans out of the bins in the hallways, boxed up, and ready for pick up from the Salvation Army, Brighton Center and St. Vincent DePaul.

The canned food drive ends on Tuesday, November 26, but the cans just keep coming in.  It will all culminate at an assembly on Tuesday afternoon where all the winners will be announced and the cans and money will be presented to the charities.