New teacher brings fun to the classroom.

Lauren Jamie, Staff Writer

“Mrs. Bradshaw is always going out of her way and is always making sure that everyone understands what they are working on,” said Connor Defevers, seventh grader. Mrs. Leslie Bradshaw is new to the middle school. She teaches seventh and eighth grade math. Mrs. Bradshaw started teaching in 1998, and has continued teaching for 19-years! She has taught a plethora of students ranging from seventh, eighth, and freshmen.

Previously, Mrs. Bradshaw taught at Campbell County Middle School. “I love the administration and faculty and students! I love how friendly everyone is,” she said. The students also seem to like their new teacher as well. “Mrs. Bradshaw is nice and answers questions easily,” said Caroline Moore, seventh grader. Before Mrs. Bradshaw taught here, she taught at a number of different schools like, Campbell County Middle, Campbell County High School, and Dayton High School. She has only taught math throughout her teaching career. She now teaches Algebra Part A and Pre-Algebra.

At Campbell County, the students did not have use of MacBooks.  That adjustment has been a welcome challenge to Mrs. Bradshaw. She said, “I love having technology in the students’ hands, so that we can do more interactive lessons.” The students that she teaches also like how she uses the technology, “She lets us do Quizlet live sometimes,” said Brianna Wise, seventh grader. “All of the short cuts are different than what I’m used to, and making tests, and planning activities are a little more time consuming because I’m still getting used to the computers.” Mrs. Bradshaw said.

In the classroom is a different environment than in the hallway. Mrs. Bradshaw is a more laid back teacher, but at the same time strict enough that people listen. She can do activities in the classroom.  “She’s sometimes strict, but she’s helps anyone who is having trouble,” said Lura Becker, seventh grader.

Mrs. Bradshaw is a welcome addition to the nest.  According Mrs. Susan Anderson, leader of  Team 7-1, “She is doing a great job; she is really bringing a lot of fun to math for our students.”